love, adoption, photography, kids, me, friends, family

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tuesdays around the world


Today I attended a service for Lieutenant Tim O'Donnell whose name has been added to the Feilding war memorial. There were 100's there including friends, family and military comrades.
Tim's Dad wore his son's war medals with pride as he unveiled a plaque in Lt O'Donnell's honor. It was so sad to hear him speak of seeing his name on the memorial and that it was the first name to have been added since World War II.
As always I was standing in the wrong place and ended up being amongst the military men and woman. It was very had to see them cry as they showed there respect for Tim. (but it did mean I could squat down and take this quick picture)
Here's a short post I wrote earlier about Tim.
http://thecrazynessthatisme.blogspot.com/2010/08/well-they-say-it-happens-in-threes.html

.



9 comments:

Anonymous

I added you to the link first Angela. This is a beautiful post. I just love it so much! I am so very sorry for your loss. Very, very sorry.

Angela@the crazyness that is me

Thanks Becky

Buckeroomama

I just read your other post. I hope you will have good news and tidings coming your way soon.

Nicole

That is a fabulous photo but a sad reason!

Simon

I love this photo, despite it's sad circumstances. The POV is unique and creative and even in just the legs and boots reveals a somber emotion. Nicely seen and captured.

Manisha

This is a very beautiful, yet compelling, yet sad photo. Thank you for sharing!

Ashley Sisk

This is a really great capture - but I agree...sad. To answer your question, yes, there were rocking chairs around the entire house.

Maddy

Wow! Thanks for sharing, I'm sure it was difficult for you, but you captured the somber moment perfectly.

Anita Johnson

I read your other post too...I'm so sorry for your loss. The photo is really quite beautiful too. I just finished a book about WW2, The Bedford Boys, about a group of young men from one small town in the US all killed on Omaha Beach. It is heartbreaking. I hope this is the end of your sadness this year.