love, adoption, photography, kids, me, friends, family

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesdays around the world - Rugby world cup


So if you have not heard the Rugby World Cup is on at the moment here in New Zealand. My lounge has been taken over with flags from 20 other nations and of course our All Black flag and All Black balloons. Oh did I mention we have an All Black flag sticking out of our palm tree on the front lawn and one flying from my car!! Now before you think we are total freaks half of New Zealand look like this.
We are cheering on the All Blacks in the semi final this weekend and Greg is going - ticket cost nearly a fortnights pay!!! Oliver is desperate to go but I have told him that one day we will go from green and white striped jerseys to an All Black one and Mummy and Daddy will be hoping for free tickets to go watch him play!

I am also a bit obsessed with all the Halloween craft that I am seeing on other peoples blogs. We don't really do Halloween here but it is fun and interesting to see all the great craft ideas

6 comments:

Stasha

Great capture. Go All Blacks ( not that I follow Rugby, but my husband has an All Blacks shirt that he looks very sexy in).

Caseybumpinalong

LOVE the pic!

Jen Price

Great rugby photo! We used to live in S. Africa so we always cheered on the Springboks. Don't throw stones at me from across the ocean! Ha, ha! :)

EMily

I saw part of the game where New Zealand was playing Canada, and saw one of the worst head-butts I've seen in awhile. It looked very painful.

Buckeroomama

I'm pretty sure the madness that is the Rugby 7s we get here every March (or is it April?) is nothing compared to what you have over in NZ right now. :) Go, All Black!

likeschocolate

Love the expression on his face! Have a great week.