
So today I was cleaning out my wallet. Now I do this often enough that I was so surprised with what was in there. A little something I had forgotten about. So amongst a receipt for a Wiggles car we no longer own (I know I said I clean it out regularly not sure why I am holding on to that!) A photo of Jenifer Love Hewitt's hairstyle from Garfield that I love, a picture of a tattoo I am sure I will never get but maybe one day I will.... I found this.
A piece of white paper, folded only once.
It reads:
To my dearest baby
The day is drawing closer until we meet. I think about it all the time and I wonder where you are. I pray for you daily and your birthmum. I pray she is taking care of herself, for that takes care of you.
I want her mind to be at ease as she relises that this is the best thing to do for you. I know she loves you and I will never doubt that but we love you too and we need you here with us.
I wonder what you look like? I know you won't have my hair or your daddy's eyes but you will still be very much a part of us. It's exciting to think you will soon be with us. I can't wait to be your Mummy. I love you very much, and we will see each other very soon.
Love always
Mummy
I wish it had a date on it but I am picking it was from around 2001/2.
Oliver came to us December 2002 and then Amalie in September 2006.
What a special find.....



10 comments:
Oh, what a precious find, Angela. Wow, 10 years you've been keeping that note in your wallet! ;p
I am crying like a baby. This is very, very sweet.
It is the greatest honor, isn't it?
What a beautiful wallet find. That is such a special little note to treasure forever!
xo
melissa @champagne wishes.
I'm sure you placed the note back in your wallet to read again in another few years! I know I would. =) What a treasure!
LOVE this post. (My youngest just turned 3 so I'm all sentimental.) And, that pic is adorable! What a sweet moment captured.
And all this while it was safely tucked in your wallet?? How precious..:)
Oh wow, that's so sweet!
What a beautiful note! I still carry around a few sentimental things in my wallet, including the ticket stub to the first movie my hubby and I attended when we started datin. Whenever I see it, it puts a smile on my face :)
Aww... that is so incredibly sweet! What a beautiful photograph. Love their little boots! Adorable!
That's an AMAZING story! How cool! I love when little things are dropped down to us like that:).
Post a Comment