love, adoption, photography, kids, me, friends, family

Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Wellington Wedding




Way back when Greg was a student (first time round when he trained as an outdoor pursuit instrctor) he met Matt. So we are talking about roughly 15 years.
Matt has had a "few" girl friends over the years and then a couple of months ago we got a text saying "What are you doing Feb 12th. Matts getting married" We texted back saying "We are going to matts wedding that day!"
So yesterday we drove down to Wellington and then went to PekaPeka Beach (stinking hot) to watch Matt get married. It was lovely. We all had to hum "here comes the bride" when she walked up the beach. Awesome!
Then it was back to their place for a really relaxed and friendly reception. Just lovely.

Check out those black clouds in the background!! Who knew it would be so hot yet threaten to the rain the whole day!

I quickly made friends with the photographer as he stood by and I whispered "Camera envy" to him - but then I noticed it was a Nikon so we had a little bit of fun poking each other about our cameras. He was great to watch and I marveled at the fact that he had to camera body's with two different lenses and that was it! Cant wait to see his photos. He was very encouraging and even offering little tips for me and admiring my photos on my screen. how sweet!