

Nearly finished
Just a few of the details left, hanging it ans about 4 ornaments to go as well. I am out of red thread so need to get that also. Since I took these pics I have added gold cord to each ornament to hang and finished sewing most of the pockets - just the red ones to go.
Our Nation is in mourning for our 29 lost miners. Was amazing to watch Newsreader of 30 odd years break down and cry while reading the news. One of our well known news readers, a 54 year old male, cried while interviewing the Energy Minister. The Minister was also crying. Our Nation is on hold. We want our men returned. We are just waiting for the mine to give them back.
These boys who will be forever known as the Pike River twenty nine
Friends and Family trying to cope with tragedy deep within the Mine
A loss that has brought the nation collectively to its knees
Weeping tears of sorrow along with all their Families
It is no consolation.... in this consuming time of grief
and the ability to cope will test everyone beyond belief
Your boys down there I'm sure will want you to be strong
They would have done their best to get back where they belong
What they certainly wouldn't want is for you to be so sad
Celebrate their character and the time with them you had
Try and bring all the good times completely to the fore
Then as time passes... gently show your grief the door
Lean on friends and family and remember in devastation
You have 4 million more supporters.. all around the nation
whether you're religious... or even if that's not the case
it's not hard to imagine... there must be a higher place
Maybe these boys were needed to mine together as a team
Carving miracles from rainbows or some other divine seam
There is no other reason these boys were taken in their prime
than Twenty nine top Blokes were needed for eternal overtime..



3 comments:
Love how you did your tree!! I haven't cut out my tree yet, I have to get more green felt, and I just may do something similar to yours! Here's hoping we both finish before Dec 1st!
Also sorry to hear about those miners. Didn't know about them until I read your post. May God watch over them and their families.
Angela! I am so sorry for the families of the miners. For your country as they grieve. How terribly sad. What a difficult job that must be. I can not even imagine.
Your advent calendar is so perfect. I just love it! Creative people like you inspire me : )
How heart breaking. That's not right. Love your tree as well. I am having a CSN giveaway, stop by to enter.
Love Lisa xx
Post a Comment