

The day for me started at 4.50am as I was so sure my alarm clock wouldnt go off that I kept waking and checking! i woke Oliver at an hour later and we got dressed and drove to meet Nana and Poppa (my Mum and Dad).
It was the first time Dad had worn his fathers medal. Gran dad died in 1969. Dad was so proud. a day he had waited for for years (long story behind it all!)
we walked into town as their were cars everywhere. Oliver had been before 2-3 times but it was my nieces first time. She was excited and giggly!
The formalities were great and a fly over by 3 planes was awesome.
My Brother in law Heath was in the Parade - he is RNZAF.
We went for a cuppa after wards and then I went home and came back to pick Oliver up later....to very sad news.
A RNZAF helicopter had gone down while heading to a parade in Wellington. Three were dead and 1 injured. I could see on Heaths face he was shaken. They were from 3 squadron which is where he works. Imagine going to work on Monday knowing 3 members of your staff had been killed and 1 seriously injured. I feel for them to day.
A terrible tragedy.



1 comments:
That is terrible news, poor Oliver :( Hope he is okay.
Lovely photos though, hope you enjoyed the day..
Have a beautiful day.
K xx (www.thoseblissmoments.blogspot.com)
Post a Comment