love, adoption, photography, kids, me, friends, family

Sunday, November 22, 2009

My bubble keeps getting popped!

So I was asked to photograph the Baptism of 5 teenage Maori boys from the Hato Paeroa college. I was really excited and order a diffuser for my pop up flash (still saving for my flash) and couldn't wait. That was until my flash didn't arrive...still waiting.
So I got to church feeling nervous already only be greeted by every person with a camera...well not everyone but heaps of cameras and I was pushed to the side while others stood rudely in the way and destroyed it all for everyone else! (Still feeling a little mad, can you tell!)
I need to grow some confidence I think.
I do however love the photos of the boys being baptised. I am quite proud of them actually! I managed to get a good spot, out of the way so I didn't end up in the pool!

This morning I did the first communion photos. Not so bad but boy do I need practise in Church lighting. I prayed for a sunny day as our church is covered with windows so normal the lights aren't on - just heaps of natural light but oh no it was the bleakist day ever!

Not to worry - practice makes perfect right???

I find the change from informal family/engagement shoots to something formal where I cant get them to stop and pose etc daunting but I will get there.

You cant walk uphill if your thinking downhill thoughts

1 comments:

Melissa

Hang in there Angela! I recently read somewhere that it's not the fact that we are fearful of something, but rather what we do with that fear - that is what's important.

I feel self doubt every time I put out a new blog post or send photos off to a client, but it does get better.

You can do it!