
So I have been totally obsessed with another persons blog (sorry Kristin!!) I am amazed how different and intense the adoption process is for inter-country adoptions. Its not something we looked into but Greg's cousin is adopted from Russia so we new a little bit. Unfortunately New Zealand has now been declined anymore adoptions from Russia. Crazy.
So with Amalie's 3rd birthday coming up (OH MY GOODNESS SHE IS GOING TO BE 3) I have really been thinking about how our darling came into our lives.
!8th August 2006 we got rung by our Adoption worker (note I am in the staffroom for morning tea) She says there is a baby due for us but there were conditions EEEEEKKK.
Our new baby was due in 10 days and she had been exposed to "P".
I cant think what I did next apart from tell Greg and run home to ring our family Doctor " Tell me all you know about "P babies" Thankfully he had just done a paper on it and knew enough to calm my fears as Amalie's BM had only taken P once during her pregnancy in the first few weeks.
the next few days are a blur and on the 30th August our Adoption worker rung again to say she had been born on the 28th and was super healthy!!!
Ok so long story short of meeting her on the 4th September (terrible fuzzy photos posted) and then waiting not very patiently on the 8th September to bring her home.
I have just re read through her little "diary" written by her caregiver. So cute saying she was up watching the All Blacks play South Africa!!!!
She amazes me everyday - and I am excited to be planning her 3rd birthday which has a Pussy cat theme!!!



2 comments:
What a wonderful thing for you to do.
As you might know we are having to adopt as well, even though Sophia is our own child.
It is a crazy mixed up world.
This makes me cry. This is one of my favorite songs, too.
Simply beautiful.
Post a Comment