love, adoption, photography, kids, me, friends, family

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tuesdays around the world - Joe Dirt


So Saturday, after Oliver's rugby and when Greg had just left for his rugby I poured myself a coffee and went down to the bedroom to ring my sister. They kids were happily playing in the lounge. i started chatting and sipping my coffee when after about 3-5 mins Oliver came down and said "Amalie is cutting her hair" Now he does have a tendency to over react but then he said "With real scissors"
I hung up phone and went to the lounge to see Amalie perched on the stool holding scissors and a clump of hair (a small clump) I yelled for her to get in her room and took said little bit of hair and put it on the window sill to show Daddy later.
i went into her room to find her on her couch and when I went over I could see the actual result of the hair cut lots of hair still held in the ponytail.
I started to cry - nope I started to sob. Like head in hands sobbing. I was devastated!!
Amalie then cried and pleaded for me to put it back but of course I couldn't.
So this pic is what I had to work with this morning!!
Yes she looks like Joe Dirt!!

Ever wondered what others were around the world were doing on Tuesday???

Jump over here and have a read from these fantastic ladies blogs!!
http://communalglobal.blogspot.com/2010/05/612010-tuesday-around-world.html

8 comments:

Anonymous

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Isn't it like a right of passage though? I think she is the most adorable thing. Joe Dirt twin or not : )

Natasha in Oz

Been there done that....several times! Don't worry it grows back...unlike the haircuts my daughter used to give her Barbie Dolls!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Buckeroomama

Awww, sweetie! On the bright side, you'll have an awesome "Remember when..." story to tell over the years. :)

Kateenie

Hahaha! I can't help but laugh. That is quite the new 'do. That'll be a challenge to disguise while it grows out. Good luck!

Wendy

Oh NO.... This totally takes me back to when my 9 year old did the SAME thing!!! Kids, the stories they give us to tell. ☺

Anita Johnson

Oh my goodness, that's quite the cut. I guess we have all been there before, but it doesn't help to make the "ouch" factor any easier. Great picture!

Allison @ House of Hepworths

Oh no! Wow, that is tragic. How did you fix it? I look forward to the "after" pictures.

MichelleTwinMum

OMG! I do not envy your Tuesday. Luckily hair grows back, just not quick enough! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I have added you to my reader. Mich x